Saturday, September 1, 2007

My Room With A View




After a long flight on a large plane, and then a short flight on a small plane, I was met at the Ljubljana Airport by fellow teaching technologist Janja (pron. Yanya).
The Airport is very small, with one luggage carousel, and a very pleasant customs officer who asked me for my passport, and then if I had anything to declare.... "YES I MADE IT!!!!" and all of that took about 5 minutes!

Janja took me to my appartment, and while we waited for the landlord to arrive, we walked around to find the grocery store, a couple of Pubs, a fruit stand, a DVD rental store and a pet food store!
Finally the landlord arrived and took over from Janja. My landlord is expecting their first child at any moment, so he was quite frazzled!

There was a bouquet of flowers and a bottle of wine waiting to welcome this weary traveler, and after a bit of explanation as to where everything is in this little studio, and getting me hooked up to the internet, and writing down my street address in case I get lost, Matevz (he graciously agreed to let me call him Matt!) raced off back to the hospital.

I have a nice balcony, with a pretty view. I will be spending much home time out here I suspect! I had forgotten that Ljubljana is a city of church bells. The bells are ringing as I write this.
I live on the 7th floor, and they even provided me with a bicycle!








Note to self: Here in Ljubljana when one buys fruits and veggies from the supermarket, one must weigh them oneself, and then enter their number into the scale and it will print out a price sticker! OOOOOOPS! My confusion caused a few giggles with the people in the check out line!

What is also interesting is that my blogger template is now written in Slovene, but it posts in English. I'm going to have to ask Matt if my computer is now bilingual! LOL In the meantime, please excuse the spelling errors, I cannot figure out how to tell it to check the spelling in Slovene!

No comments: