Saturday, September 8, 2007

All Work and No Play...

Yeah, yeah, they say it makes you dull! Hopefully the novelty of this Canadian and the funny way she talks has not worn off yet! I have been putting in some long hours, was at work today for a few hours and will return again tomorrow for the same.



I thought I should send you some photos of the people I work with. First off this is one hunking huge multihead microscope that you see here in the first picture. It has spaces for 10 people to sit around! This is twice the size of the multihead microscope I work with in Canada. I have greatly amused the staff and students here as the first thing I have done, when sitting down at a microscope is clean it. I've been cleaning lots of microscopes!


The next set of photos is the class of 2007-2008.
The second photo shows the teaching technologist, in white.
We share an office, and she kindly picks me up for work in the morning when it is raining.
I am enjoying her company, and her laughter, she has certainly gone out of her way to make me feel welcome.

The final photo is the resident that is also working with us. I have most appreciated having her sit in with our multihead sessions as she fills in some of the gaps for me, in Slovene.
My sessions are in English, but the lectures that the others give are in Slovene. All of the students have a good knowledge of English, and are gradually becoming more comfortable using it with me. They all get a chuckle out of my Slovene, but I am learning new words every day, and they are very patient with me, thank goodness.
The work is interesting and very challenging, as I am struggling a bit with the way they prepare their material here. Most of all though, it is rewarding.
And not to worry, the next two weekend I will be away.... so it isn't ALL work....

No comments: