Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Gone to the Dogs



Ljubljana is a very dog friendly town. Everywhere I go I see people walking their dogs, or sitting at a cafe or restaurant with well behaved dogs at their feet. This makes me miss my guys a lot, but fortunately I get regular updates, and cyber kisses from them! :)
Today I was feeling just a little blue, missing their furry faces, when I rounded the corner in my apartment building stairwell, and what should be coming towards me but a little dog. I stopped to give him a pat, and immediately got lots of real kisses, and suddenly all was bright in my world.



This fabulous picture is one of the students and her dog Grin (a red merle Australian Shepherd) competing at an agility trial. There is a competition locally next month, and I will make sure I am in town that weekend to go and cheer her on.
And for those of you who might be curious, docking tails is forbidden here in Slovenia, so this Aussie, has a tail!

2 comments:

Jean said...

We thought we might see you on Saturday at the agility competition! Urska mentioned that you might be coming.

There's one this Saturday about an hour north of Ljubljana, in the Gorenjska region (Hrusica). If you want to come and need a lift, I'm sure we can arrange something.

Gwen said...

HI Jean!
I am off to Celja this weekend, but you will certainly see me at an upcoming competition! Urska mentioned one in October, that I plan to come and watch, and cheer her on!