Monday, September 17, 2007

Ljubljana Rain

Today as my workday was wrapping up it started to rain. After turning down the offer of a lift home I thought this is no “cold November rain(thank you Guns N Roses), but a warm September rain, and that it did not matter in the least if “the thunder rolls, and the lightening strikes(thank you Garth Brooks) because this Vancouverite is “no stranger to the rain”! (thank you Keith Whitley)

I put on my jacket, stepped outside and raised my borrowed umbrella and thought with a smile Here comes the rain again, falling on my head like a memory, falling on my head like a new emotion(thank you Annie Lennox) and started to walk.


Ljubljana is quieter today, people huddle under brightly colored umbrellas hurrying to and fro, little pausing to chat or to admire the architecture. Even the cyclists seem to use an umbrella, a feat I admire greatly given the unevenness of the cobblestones that they have to negotiate. The sidewalk cafes are all but empty as the people move indoors.

I love it, and as I walked along at my usual brisk pace, I even took a moment to jump in a puddle! Hey, blame it on the rain!!” (thank you Millie Vanilli)

I say let it rain, let it rain on me(thank you Amanda Marshall), and as I walk along, and those raindrops keep falling on my head(thank you B. J. Thomas) I smile as I listen to the rhythm of the falling rain (thank you The Cascades), and suddenly feel very much at home!

No comments: